Digital Media

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Goals and roles

Now, rethink your goals in the light of what has been expressed by the class. Post to your blog three personal goals (design, group dynamics, whatever) for our next five months of working together. Also list two team roles that you are willing to take on and two that you would prefer not to be assigned. Try to express this as a story (narrative) rather than a bulleted list.

3 goals
One of my goals is to be a better communicator by sending regular updates of where I am at with my work with enough time that other people have time to respond to it.

I have also been told that I am not assertive enough. While I have gotten much better, I think, I'm sure I still have room to improve. I'm not sure where this fits into the group yet.

By the time I complete this class I want to have acquired the tools to be able to build my own Web site. For my undergrad senior project I built a site using Dreamweaver for the music department at PLU, but I know there are a lot of things about Web sites that I can still learn. Especially since that was a few years ago and I think I have forgotten a lot since then.

Team roles:
Since I am already an editor at work, I would feel comfortable in this role. I also usually like working with technology and would like to be able to do something with the implementation of the site. What I don't want to do, though, is determine how the site looks. While I can tell when a site is well designed, I don't like designing. Especially when it comes to trying to figure out what color palette to use. I'm completely lost when it comes to choosing colors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home